As a Coffee King Barista you are responsible for maintaining a quality service through your front of house duties, cash handling, customer service and stock control. You are responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment that is welcoming for both you, other team members and our customers.
- Performing the sites opening and closing procedures.
- Serve food and beverages in-line with the manufacturer’s guidelines and Coffee King’s cooking and serving instructions.
- Using the till system.
- Operate the cashbook in-line with the company directives.
- Cash handling, ensure cash security at all times including cash and change floats.
- Use the PQD equipment in-line with the company procedures and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Receiving deliveries onto site, ensuring correct handling and administration.
- All standard documentation is to be completed accurately and actioned according to process in the agreed timelines.
- Always attempt to discuss our product range with every customer, explaining promotions and special deals.
- Discuss all special deals and promotions with your line manager on a regular basis so that understand everything.
- Deliver excellent service and aspire to be the best in the area/location.
- Deal with potential difficult or disruptive customers and maintain a safe environment.
- Deal with customer feedback and providing adequate solutions to customer complaints.
- Creating a welcoming environment for customers.
- Adhere to health and safety rules and health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring COSHH is adhered to.
- Ensure all Food Hygiene procedures are followed.
- Carry out end of shift site checks for your area.
- Ensuring the standards of cleanliness is maintained to a high standard, including team members, all site areas internal and external.
- Keep all equipment clean and in-line with food safety standards and manufacturer warranties.
- Ensure site is hazard free and safe for team members/public. Report any issues to your line manager. All repairs should be carried out efficiently.
- Daily checks on all stock to stay in line with food safety standards making sure that all stock is stored and displayed within it’s ‘sell by date’ parameters.
- Store, preserve, maintain & manage all products (wet & dry) according to supplier guidelines to ensure optimum standards across full site product range.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Knowledge of coffee industry keeping up to date with trends and best practice.
- A good standard of spoken and written English.
- Basic administration and organisational skills (to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload).
- Highly focused on delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Creative and lateral thinking, idea generating for process improvement and able to implement.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks independently and within a team.
- Highly resilient, remaining calm and stable under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- A flexible approach and enthusiastic manner.