As Store Supervisor you are responsible for assisting the Store Manager in all the site operations, including front of house duties, employee recruitment, site security, cash handling, customer service, stock control, marketing and advertising. You are responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment that is welcoming for both team members and customers.
- Performing the sites opening and closing procedures.
- Serve food and beverages in-line with the manufacturer’s guidelines and Coffee King’s cooking and serving instructions.
- Use and supervise the use of the till system.
- Assist in the control of the till, float and cashbook in-line with the company directives.
- Assist in the use of the PQD equipment in-line with the company procedures and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Receiving deliveries into store, ensuring correct handling, control and administration.
- All standard administration is to be completed accurately and actioned according to process in the agreed timelines.
- Communicating with all statutory parties inc. Police, Council, HSE etc.
- Always attempt to discuss our product range with every customer, explaining promotions and special deals making sure that all employees are up to date with this information at the beginning of each shift so that they can do the same.
- Manage all waste disposal each day as required.
- Supervise the store and team members in the Store Managers absence.
- Deliver excellent service and aspire to be the best in the area/location.
- Deal with potentially difficult customers and maintain a safe environment.
- Address feedback from customers in a positive and friendly manner, providing adequate solutions to customer issues and reporting any negative or positive feedback to your line manager.
- Creating a welcoming environment for customers and team members.
Health & Safety & Legislation
- Health and safety for the site which includes assisting in maintaining the correct documentation and records at your level.
- Enforcing health and safety rules and adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring Fire Policy is followed and Fire Drills/Checks are recorded accordingly.
- Ensuring COSHH documentation is up to date and policy followed by all team members.
- Ensure all Food Hygiene procedures are followed.
- Carry out end of shift site checks.
- Ensuring the standards of cleanliness is maintained to a high standard, including all team members, all site areas internal and external.
- Keep all equipment clean and in-line with food safety standards and manufacturer warranties.
- Ensure site is hazard free and safe for team members/public. Report any issues to your line manager. All repairs should be carried out efficiently.
Recruitment, Training, Motivation and Monitoring
- Work with line manager on recruiting appropriate team members to deliver excellent customer service and profitable trading.
- Manage, monitor and plan the training needs of the team, document, sign off and filing all training with Head Office in accordance with the company procedures.
- Ensure all team members comply with the day-to-day processes of the store at all times.
- Overall day to day supervision of all store team members.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels across all products, taking full responsibility for processing stock orders. controlling, monitoring, and proposing changes where necessary to prevent excess wastage.
- Daily checks on all stock to stay in line with food safety standards making sure that all stock is stored and displayed within it’s ‘sell by date’ parameters.
- Assist in carrying out regular stock-takes as in line with the company procedures.
- Manage and control any discrepancies with deliveries from all suppliers.
- Minimise waste and control stock rotation.
- Store, preserve, maintain & manage all products (wet & dry) according to supplier guidelines to ensure optimum standards across the full store product range.
- Maximise the revenue and margin of your store and control the overheads to ensure profitable trading.
- Cash handling, ensure cash security at all times including cash and change floats.
- Ensure security of all payment equipment, including the stores merchant details.
- Petty cash payments only to be made against valid held authorised invoices/receipts.
- Invoices, statements, bank correspondence and all other notices to be sent to Head Office as soon as possible.
- All finance documentation to be completed fully and accurately on agreed timelines.
- Any variances in tills -/+ £5 to be fully reported to the Store Manager with immediate effect.
- Voids/corrections are to be kept to a minimum, monitor and train your team members as appropriate to maximise accurate till data entry in all respects of till usage.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Knowledge of coffee industry keeping up to date with trends and best practice.
- A good standard of spoken and written English.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Basic administration, planning and organisational skills (to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload).
- Proven change, incident & problem management experience.
- Highly focused on delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Creative and lateral thinking, idea generating for process improvement and able to implement these.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks independently and within a team.
- Highly resilient, remaining calm and stable under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- A flexible approach and enthusiastic manner.
- Willing and able to travel to other locations when required.